The X-Pen by designers, The Minimal Duck, is a felt tip pen composed of machined 6061 aircraft grade aluminium and was produced to celebrate the greatness of the plastic felt tip pen. It’s a distinguished instrument that is meant to embody the passion, creativity, and hard work that goes into design.
- The cap has a hex machined on it so that you can open the hex set screw used to secure the ink
- Aircraft grade aluminium 6061
- X-Pen uses a standard off the shelf hex set screw (easy to replace in case it gets lost). The pen looks great with or without a nickel plate setscrew
- Unibody design, nothing to get loose while using the pen
- Magnetic cap secures effortlessly on pen, is fun to play with, makes grabbing paper clips or push pins a breeze
- 4” overall length fits in your pockets unnoticed
The hex on the cap is a tool used to refill the pen. The process of refilling the pen is an exploration of disassembly and assembly. The magnetic cap was a feature we needed to tell apart ferrous from non-ferrous metals while shopping for metal, it also makes mounting the cap incredibly fun.