If you are planning to tie the knot in 2021, there is a lot to arrange; organising a wedding can be a challenge at the best of times, with so many things to prepare. If you are lucky, your parents will be lending a hand, or perhaps a couple of good friends, but whatever the case, here is our ultimate wedding checklist to ensure that nothing is overlooked.
- The Rings – This has to be the first item on the list and we must assume that these will be stored somewhere safe until the Best Man takes possession on the morning of the ceremony. We suggest checking with him the day before to be sure he has it covered.
- Getting the Invitations Out in Time – People have very hectic social calendars and the sooner you get the invitations in the post, the better. Include any important information and add a map to the venue, as some will not be familiar with the area.
- The Reception Venue – Most couples choose a hotel or resort with extensive wedding experience, as they have all the resources you need for your special day. If you are having a home reception, there are many things to check; parking, overnight accommodation, the entertainment, the menu and the drinks, to name but a few.
- Wedding Transport – Of course, it is traditional for the bride to arrive in a prestige car and with an affordable Mercedes Benz for rent by Rich Cars, she will arrive at the church in style! If you can afford it, splash out on a white Rolls Royce and really make her day.
- The Bridesmaids – Hopefully, the older girl will take it upon herself to manage the others, leaving you free to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the experience.
- Video & Still Images – You must record the event for posterity and a Google search will help you find a local wedding videographer, who can create a DVD of the highlights, along with an album full of stills. It is advisable to meet up with the photographer prior to the event, in order to make sure that he or she understands what you are looking for. Here are some interior design tips for the new marital home.
- Entertainment – No wedding reception would be complete without some entertainment; this can come in the form of a DJ or even a live band. The venue would likely have in-house entertainment, failing that, a Google search will help you locate a suitable outfit.
- The Honeymoon – With so much going on at the reception, it is easy to overlook some small detail regarding the honeymoon; it might be misplacing the air tickets or passports, or even forgetting about transport to the airport. Don’t forget to check about entry requirements at the destination country, where there might be Covid restrictions in place.
This will be one of the most important days in your life and hopefully, this checklist will help to ensure that everything goes as planned.