Because of the excessive manufacturing and usage of plastics all over the world, it has become a threat to our ecosystem. The ocean and animals of all kinds are already suffering because of mishandling in disposing of trashes.
Plastics are extremely useful in the market, especially with its durability, lightweight, and strength, it is capable to withstand any materials used along with it. Plastics are used for mechanical wirings, food containers, plastic wrappers that wrap most of your fruits, vegetables, and other necessities. Here’s a website to find out more about the uses of plastics and how to lessen its usage in our lives: https://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/2018/04/23/five-ways-that-plastics-harm-the-environment-and-one-way-they-may-help/.
Probably, you’re thinking it would be next to impossible to live without plastics – this is quite true due to several household materials associated with it. And although it is manufactured with natural materials – salt, coal, crude oil, natural gas, and cellulose, it is non-biodegradable. So, knowing how to properly dispose them is a must.
Journey To Cleanliness
Though there are many classifications for rubbish disposals. Households should realize that about 21.6% of the landfill came from food waste. Who would’ve thought of this? The last slice of pizza you’ve thrown in the garbage bin can harm the environment. Lucky for you if it will be eaten by your dog!
Throwing trashes everywhere is a serious problem. The mindlessness of your actions is an insult to our mother nature. This is the time that you should learn how to dispose of your trash properly. If you are a great reducer and recycler, keep it up. You are great in whatever ways you’re doing to save the planet.
Where To Get Help
Some people find it hard to take out the trash, especially when they are too lazy to do so. Thus, for these kinds of people, they choose to pay more for their garbage disposal. If you’re one of them, you can click here to lessen your expenses with garbage disposals. With what’s happening to the world right now, people should think more about saving money.
Garbage disposals existed since 1927; hence it has become an essential item in every household over the years. Through shredding your food waste, we can save a lot of space in our landfills.
It All Starts At Home
Be a role model to your children, or even to your community in handling your household trashes. Train your kids on how to segregate rubbishes properly while their still young. It pays a lot for our mother nature to be taken care of. The children are the future of the country, and so we need to preserve our planet as well.
Before getting rid of those trashes, it is important to know what these types of garbage are and how you should segregate them properly. Here a list of categories of rubbishes:
- Hazardous Waste – This consists of hazardous materials that contain chemicals that are not safe to our immune system. These wastes are aerosol cans, paints, mercury, solvents, and everything alike that contains or that are toxic, corrosive, inflammable, and reactive.
- Recyclable Wastes – This category is the most common of all and is mostly done by people. These are materials that can be used again for another purpose – papers, cardboards, food containers, metals, and alike.
- Clinical Or Medical Wastes – These are waste that hospitals, clinics, pharmaceutical centers, health care facilities produce. Most of this waste is harmful to the immune system because it might contain viruses that can affect people’s health.
- Green Waste – this category is consisting of food. Food is essential to each one of us. One cannot live without consuming food, although they may live for a day or month without it, more than that, I think it isn’t possible.
- Construction Debris – In every renovations or construction project, we cannot avoid having this type of garbage. These are usually weighty and bulky materials such as wood, ceiling tiles, plumbing materials, bricks, cement, etc.
- Black Bag Wastes – These are usually the solid and liquid wastes of humans. This is the most natural waste we have, and we should dispose of them properly or else the whole town will suffer.
- Electrical Waste (E-Waste) – this waste might contain lead, mercury, brominated flame retardants, and cadmium that are hazardous in the environment. These are materials such as computers, cell phones, televisions, and anything that is generated from electronic materials.
It is important to know these kinds of garbage to become aware of how to properly dispose of them. We don’t want to harm further our environment and ourselves as well.
Save The Ecosystem
We cannot just fly to another planet easily if we can’t maintain our environment. Find tips on how to help our ecosystem to save our mother earth. We are living on earth for free, it is always important to take care of it.
Here are some points of what you can do at home to help in saving the planet:
- Recycle your pre-loved items. Before throwing them in the trash, you can always make use of them. For example, you can alter your old clothes; many D.I.Y videos can be found online. All you need is creativity and hard work, or if you’re tired of doing these, you could donate it to less fortunate people.
- Turn your excess food into compost. Make sure to have a different skip bin for this garbage. After chopping your ingredients for your cooked meals, you could always save them and make it as compost. You can save a lot especially when you have plants on your backyard.
- Change your trash bag into skip bins. You cannot just save the planet, but you can also save more money if you have a skip bin. Remember, your black trash bag is also made of plastic, only made bigger to hold your plastic rubbish.
- Recycle old bottles. If you’re fond of drinking beverages in plastic bottles, you could always save this rubbish. You can make it as a D.I.Y pot for your plants.
There are so many ways we can help save the planet. It depends on each one of us on how to lessen the waste in our ecosystem. Help save now!