The all-new Kindle ~ smaller, lighter and even faster
We’ll be completely honest and say we haven’t demo’d this new version but the imagery and videos look awesome. The new Kindle looks a great minimal reader, even faster, even more legible in bright light, that now fits in your pocket… seems a steal for $69!
Kindle uses actual ink particles and proprietary, hand-built fonts to create crisp, print-like text similar to what you see in a physical book. The screen’s 100% aperture ratio means no gaps between pixels. The blacks and whites on the screen are uniform, improving image quality.
“The new Kindles look awesome. It may not have some of the bells and whistles of the other models but it also costs quite a bit less. The Kindle is exactly what I need for traveling. It works wonderfully as a basic, no-frills e-reader. Reviewing it as such, I have to give it five stars.” – Aaron Ueland Amazon.com Review
So what’s new?
- Less than 6 ounces – lighter than a paperback, fits in your pocket
- 15% faster page turns
- New darker, hand-tuned fonts for easier reading
- Reads like paper with no glare, even in bright sunlight
- Download books in 60 seconds with built-in Wi-Fi
- Holds over 1,000 books – take your library wherever you go
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $9.99
- 180,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors such as Kurt Vonnegut