Buying and selling houses are two very stressful processes. If you have already made another house purchase and are looking to sell your own home very quickly then you have to look at ways in which you can do this so that you don’t have to pull out of the house you have purchased or so that you do not have to look at expensive funding options to be able to keep both.
Selling your home can sometimes be a hit or a miss and if the perfect buyer is out there for you, you will have a very quick sale. The time of the year can also make a difference to your ability to attract buyers. Sometimes around holiday and the festive periods, people have their mind on other things and so your pool of potential purchasers slow down.
To sell your home you may look to make the following improvements
- Make sure that your home is fresh and clean and if necessary paint any dirty looking walls.
- Flooring should be clean and free of stains, have your carpet cleaned or replaced.
- Declutter, prospective purchasers are not interested in your family memorabilia and decluttering makes your space look larger and hence much more appealing.
- Give each space a unique use, show the prospective purchaser how they could use the space.
- Use artwork to add colour and intrigue.
- Keep everything as neutral as possible, you may love the colour purple but others may have an aversion to it.
- Update any decor that is old fashioned or shabby.
- Consider ‘staging’ your home, it might mean purchasing some items of furniture which are more appropriate for your space and storing your own furniture elsewhere. This is especially important if you have particularly large pieces of furniture. It may mean replacing old kitchen work surfaces or fitting new kitchen doors, the kitchen is a very important room in a house.
- Kerb appeal is important, tidy the front of the house, paint any fences and clip any untidy bushes.
- Tidy your garden back and front, a neat tidy garden can be quite a selling feature.
- Make sure your home is free of smells, if you have pets, it may be worth re homing them for the duration.
If all of that sounds like a great deal of effort, and it is, you may want to consider an alternative. Check this helpful guide https://www.theadvisory.co.uk/sell-house-fast/. That alternative could be to approach a company who will buy your home from you. This would mean that you could avoid agents fees and the disruption caused by showing steady streams of viewers around your home. When you are selling your property, you have to keep it very tidy and clean and that in itself can be stressful. A quick solution therefore may be to look at approaching a home buying company and asking them for their valuation. You are not obliged to sell to them but it gives you an alternative worthy of consideration.
Whatever you decide, make sure that you agree a price for your home that you are happy to accept and a price that allows you to make your next move comfortably.