Sheds can come in different sizes, types, and designs, but are typically made with a roofed single-story structure. You can build or install it on your backyard; however; industrial sheds need more space as they are larger structures than average sheds. Normally, an industrial shed is used by companies to store, process, or manufacture their goods or materials. Aside from industrial purposes, you can use industrial sheds on your property as follows:
1. Retail Sheds
If you have an industrial shed on your property, you can use it for your business ventures. Especially if you are starting up a business, your shed can be beneficial. As long as you check your local and state ordinances, you can use your shed as your business venture’s location.
If you don’t have a shed yet, installing or building is a lot easier nowadays since there are numerous companies offering shed services that can cater to your needs. For instance, EasyShed can help you start your own company’s office or structure as they provide different types of sheds. Depending on the type of business you’ll begin, you can have larger sheds.
If you’re wondering what businesses can be started on your industrial shed, check out these business ventures:
- Event Planner –Although being a party organizer basically requires a social media account and a laptop, a shed can help you have your own office. You can use it for personally meeting with your clients for more interactive deals. Instead of overcrowding your home, you can use your shed to store your paraphernalia for different events.
- Photography Studio –If you’re into photography, you can use your industrial shed as a studio. Since it has a larger area than average sheds, you can have all your equipment without overcrowding the space. Moreover, you can have various photograph themes or backgrounds installed without re-installing and removing them over and over again.
- Craft Studio – Being a crafter, jewelry maker, seamstress, or a knitter needs space, too. Your shed can become your studio so you won’t have to clutter and clean your house repeatedly. You won’t have to worry about where to put your tools and materials since your shed is a wide space that you can use as a storage as well.
2. Monetized Shed
If you don’t have a knack for starting your own business, then you can rent it out. Especially when your shed is just sitting out there in your property, you can monetize from letting other people use it. You can have it rented daily, weekly, or even monthly depending on the type of tenant you’ll be accommodating. Since your shed is an industrial one, you can attract different kinds of people. For instance, you can have your shed rented out by the following:
- Sellers or wholesale purchasers – Entrepreneurs who are into selling, such as eBay resellers, and others who don’t have large spaces need some place to store their products. As long as you set terms and conditions for products being stored, you can have a steady cash flow from your shed.
- Travelers or vacationers – People who often travel without campervans or camping tents or a place to stay can opt for your shed. As long as you design your shed to be suitable for spending nights or vacations in, you can rent it out to people. Since your shed is wide, you can have it divided into rooms or partitions so more people can rent out space. You can post it on Airbnb and other online rental areas.
- Businessmen or small companies – Some small businesses or companies such as start-ups need an office for their staff. You can convert your shed into a commercial space where they can rent. To have more profit, this kind of rent must be a long-term one.
3. Recreational Shed
Aside from monetizing your shed, you can also use it for your family or your own retreat or recreational area. Depending on the type of recreation you enjoy, your shed can be redesigned as an area that you or your family can enjoy without hiring or going to paid facilities such as a gym or playground. For instance, you can turn it into an indoor basketball court, camping area, volleyball court, and other spaces where you can do fun activities.
To convert your shed into a recreational one, you can do the following:
- Tidy up your shed.
- Plan the modifications according to your way of relaxation.
- Install necessary equipment or facilities such as electricity, heat or air conditioning, insulation, and others.
- Accessorize according to your preference.
Your industrial shed can have various uses so you don’t have let it stand on your property and waste its potential. Depending on your preference, you can either monetize it or use it for fun. Just be creative and let the ideas above guide you. To make your shed more secure and long-lasting, let professionals assist you with the necessary installations or modifications.