If you’re a homeowner in New Jersey, it’s essential to know how to keep your chimney in good shape. A Chimney is an integral part of your home – it helps ventilate the smoke and gases from your fireplace and keeps your home warm and cozy. Unfortunately, Chimneys can be expensive to repair if they’re not maintained properly. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some tips on how to keep your chimney in good shape so that you don’t have to spend a fortune on repairs down the road!
– Chimneys should be inspected at least once a year. If you’re not sure when your chimney was last inspected, it’s a good idea to call a Chimney Sweep and have them take a look.
– Make sure that the damper is in good condition and closes appropriately. A Damper is the metal flap located at the top of your chimney that helps keep heat and smoke from escaping. If the Damper isn’t working correctly, it can cause problems with your chimney – including dangerous carbon monoxide leaks.
– Keep chimney caps in place. Chimney Caps are essential for keeping rain and snow out of your chimney, which can help prevent water damage. They also help protect against debris and animals getting into your chimney.
– Avoid using accelerants when starting a fire in your fireplace. Accelerants such as lighter fluid can damage the chimney and cause a dangerous fire.
– Don’t overload your chimney with too much wood. Overloading can cause the chimney to become overheated, leading to damage.
– If you have a gas fireplace, make sure to have it inspected annually by a professional. Gas fireplaces can be dangerous if not properly maintained.
By following these tips, you can help keep your chimney in good shape – and avoid costly repairs down the road! For more information on Chimney repair njcheck out this site.