Deliciously Simple Documentation
Thanks for purchasing the Deliciously Simple WordPress Theme!
Quick links if you lost
- Purchase the WordPress Theme here.
- Theme overview, features and demo links here.
- Documentation follows below:
NB! 5 things before you start!
We have named our theme company, ThemeCobra! So all documentation and links will refer to that name and support details. The ThemeCobra website is launching along with our third theme:)
Please read through this whole page, if you’re still stuck at the end please feel free to drop us a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your purchase code and we’ll reply as soon as possible.
3. Featured Images
This theme heavily utilizes 640px wide images, make sure your site is in maintenance mode while you setup your posts. Each post has a featured image at the top of page, above the post title. This same featured image is automatically resized for the thumbs in the archives. So once you’ve setup your theme options, you need to set a big featured image (640px wide) for every post in your site. There is a plugin that apparently sorts thing out if you have loads of posts, so see the FAQs at the bottom for more.
4. Browser Compatibility:
- IE6 works, but it’s a bit shakey
- All other browsers work and look sweet
We can’t stop you from sending the theme to your mates, but sales will influence the rate we bring out more themes… and it’s only 9 bucks, so spare us a couple beers if you can.
- Download the theme to your computer
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard then go to Appearance > Themes in the left menu
- Click on the ‘Install Themes’ tab right at the top
- Now click the ‘Upload’ link near the top
- Select the download file “deliciouslysimple.zip” and press the “Install Now” button
- Once uploaded click “Activate” link
- Now go to Dashboard > Menu > Media and set the Large Image Size to 640px and save changes
- Go to Dashboard > Menu > Appearance > Options and go through it all and hit save. Your site should now look normal.
- Go to Dashboard > Menu > Appearance > Menus and create your own custom menu. Make sure you set the Top Menu to “Main Menu” and hit save:
- Now, the the only tedious part, you need to set a featured image for every post in your blog. Simply upload a new image, or take an existing image from each post with a minimum dimension of 640px wide, and hit “Use as featured image”:
- You’re all done!
Please mail us if you want the latest theme version and don’t forget to quote your purchase code!
v1.6 – 16/06/2012
- Added Pinterest, Google+, RSS Feed Icons to Theme Options and Footer icons
- Added Pinterest “pin” button to all single posts
- Updated images sprites and PSDs, improved pixel perfect alignments
- Stylesheets improvements
- Comment form textarea padding bug squashed
v1.5 – 03/03/2012
- Sidebar introduced to footer area above icons
- Sidebar supports simple widgets. See: Home Demo / Page Demo / Post Demo
- Fixed CSS bug that was adding a double border when a post had no comments
- Massive vertical images floating left or right, in pages and posts, no long flow over recommended posts below. See demo
v1.4.4 – 20/02/2012
- Added Facebook share button next to Twitter button on posts
- Archives and Search now support languages with unusual characters like Japanese
v1.4.3 – 06/02/2012
- Sorted flickr, tumblr and last fm social links bug in footer.php and functions.php files
v1.4.2 – 27/12/2011
- Sorted logo image issue, now expands header as big as your uploaded logo
- Squashed bug that duplicated the scheme stylesheet in header.php
v1.4.1 – 13/12/2011
- Squashed search bug
v1.4 – 07/12/2011
- Mega clean up by our new coder at ThemeCobra
- New loop file introduced into theme
- Closed comments bug fixed
v1.3 – 04/11/2011
- Dark Scheme CSS edits in comment fields
- Updated Dark Sprite PSD elements
- Footer credit link changed
v1.2 – 12/10/2011
- Minor CSS improvements
v1.1 – 29/09/2011
- Moved IE stylesheet to /incl folder
- Removed theme parent folder so users can simply upload downloaded .zip file
- .psd files now in theme /psd folder and zipped nice and tight
- Moved all scripts and CSS enqueues to an enqueue function (section 7) in functions.php file
- Sorted wp_head function error in header
- Fixed indenting in functions.php
- Color scheme now defaults to light instead of none
v1.0 – 19/09/2011
- Deliciously Simple premium theme launched
Maximum respect to these guys!:
- Demo Images: Wallbase
- Archive pagination: Boutros AbiChedid
- Minimal Footer Icons: Picons
- Heading and logo font for Light Scheme: Droid Serif Google Font
- Heading and logo font for Dark Scheme: Tinos Google Font
These are recommended but not essential to run the theme:
- Speed up page load: W3 Total Cache
- While setting up theme: Maintenance Mode
- Remove WordPress Category base: No Category Base
- Include post tags in searches: Search Tags
Visit our new knowledgebase for frequently asked questions about this theme.
Question not answered?
Drop us a mail on email@example.com quoting your purchase code and we’ll reply as soon as possible.