Introducing The Second Generation ‘Nest’ Thermostat
Back in March we featured the first generation of Nest, “The World’s First Learning Thermostat”. Since then the Nest team has been super busy adding even more value and features to the already brilliant product.
“We always wanted to make the best thermostat in the world. And within minutes of launching the first Nest Learning Thermostat less than a year ago, the amazing reviews, requests and feedback came pouring in. We listened to what you said and saw what more we could do. We could make the best thermostat in the world better.”
A brief summary of improvements include:
- 20 percent slimmer than the previous model
- Now compatible with 95% of low-voltage US residential heating and cooling systems (Previously 75%)
- Updating its mobile software for both iOS and Android with a huge amount of upgrades
- Prediction system that assesses upcoming weather forecast
- Hardware now supports three-stage heating, emergency heat for heat pumps and whole-home humidifiers/dehumidifiers
Read a full detailed report on the improvements here.
The second generation device is available for preorder over at the Nest Store. (It will be on Amazon.com mid October)
Catch an interview with founder, Matt Rogers, where he demonstrates the new device and answers a lot of questions you might have: